lichess.org
Donate

my immortal game and stockfish's strange calculation :D

http://tr.lichess.org/syKwxHET#0
It is the game between me and chess free level 12 A.I. and i made two sacrifice that stockfish can't see until these are played :D
And the most interesting part of the calculation of stockfish is, it says blunder one of my move which is second best and still crushing :)
Rg1 is a blunder because it gives Black a tempo to stop Ng5+ , Ng5+ was the forcing move and then following it with Rg1 lines the king up on the file. However, Black's response was inaccurate I think and so Ng5+ was still possible. Stockfish likely saw some sort of possible refutation to Rg1 with maybe something like Qc5 because then after Ng5+, hxg5, rxg5, there is the obnoxious Qxf2+, winning the bishop on f6 and stopping the mating web. In essence, Rg1 may very rightly have been a blunder, but Black's response of Rg8 should also have been a blunder because Ng5+ became winning again; somehow Stockfish missed that.
Qc5 for black would be a blunder because it is mate in 2 after Rxg7+
Knight on g7 is hanging and white can capture it with check and after the only legal move, white can play Qxh6+ and it is checkmate.
Thanks :) It didn't play with stockfish in this game. I played it in my phone and downloaded it from google play store. The app's name is chess free.
I generally loose against stockfish in level 6 too :D it is really hard to play against it.
Btw stockfish level 6 doesn't do this kind of blunders a lot. It was a really lucky game :D

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.