lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:Lucy2007"

10 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - How Do You Evaluate Imbalances?#1

Hi! I am just a random mid1200 uscf. a main thing I seem to not be understanding but getting in a lot of my games is whether imbalances are good or bad for a certain side, especially if one side sacri…

Lucy2007
General Chess Discussion - High Rated Opponents Keep Giving Me Free Pawns And Still Winning#12

https://lichess.org/OO7GT7WP/white#65 This is a full game with a similar idea. Had to do some digging to get an example like this.

Lucy2007
General Chess Discussion - High Rated Opponents Keep Giving Me Free Pawns And Still Winning#9

90% of the time this happens in closed positions. Probably more.

Lucy2007
General Chess Discussion - High Rated Opponents Keep Giving Me Free Pawns And Still Winning#6

r1b1qr2/p2nb1kp/1p2p2p/2ppP3/2P4P/P4NP1/1P1Q1PBN/R3R1K1 b - - 0 19 Here is one. I know my king is open, this was an OTB played late at night. c4 is one of these examples.... i dont see a tactic for hi…

Lucy2007
General Chess Discussion - High Rated Opponents Keep Giving Me Free Pawns And Still Winning#1

Hey! I have been having a problem for some time now against higher rated opponents, especially in OTB tournaments. (I am a bit over 1200 USCF) I am starting to get more into positional play, and altho…

Lucy2007
General Chess Discussion - Fear of Analyzing My Own Games#14

@Brian-E Thanks for the advice! Coincidentally, I just started therapy and hope it will make this better. I will try your advice of writing stuff down and see if it helps.

Lucy2007
General Chess Discussion - Fear of Analyzing My Own Games#12

@MrPushwood said in #7: > But seriously OP, did you think that you were playing like Carlsen (immune from error)? All those "sneaky/crazy" things you missed could after all be looked upon as valuable …

Lucy2007
General Chess Discussion - Fear of Analyzing My Own Games#1

Hi! My name is Lucy and I am around 1200 USCF. I do a good amount of puzzles, hours of play, and study some endgames and openings. However, when I try to analyze one of my own games, I am always terri…

Lucy2007
General Chess Discussion - Types of Chess Players at OTB that annoy you:#52

One could be the person who always offers a draw when down 3 pieces and 15 mins on their clock... I am very guilty of that one!

Lucy2007
Off-Topic Discussion - OverSimplified - The First Punic War - OverSimplified (Part 1)#6

OverSimplified is awesome!

Lucy2007