lichess.org
Donate

Registration for Season 12 Crazyhouse Spring League 2024 now open!

I also really dislike the rating cutoff as well as making the league faster as compared to previous iterations. I love the league, but I'm really not sure if I want to play given these reservations. Board 1 used to be 5+5 which already felt too fast. Although I was board 3 or 4 my first time playing the league, so my time control has gotten much faster over time.
@SmokingCastle said in #10:
> I'm not sure I understand when the games are actually being played. If it's midnight on a Thursday for instance, there is no chance I will be able to play.

You have about a week to agree on the time of the match and play it with your opponent
@pkr5025 and @QueenRosieMary - Actually at the moment we have only two people to organize this event and I'm just not sure that I will be able to organize properly if there will be a lot of participants. Experience shows that even players with relatively high ratings are not always responsible for the matches, but nevertheless, the higher the rating, the higher the correlation. Not that I am against the participation of players below 1700 (I myself started with levels below that) the question is only what I described above. If there will be willing to help with the organization, we can consider lowering the level or even canceling it.
As for, the board time control was reduced at the request of participants in the previous league. Even that time is too slow for some people. But again we can decide this issue before the start of the season, and if the majority wants to play longer controls - so be it. Besides, it's hard not to listen to the opinion of a league regular.
I am in!

And... well... I do agree with @QueenRosieMary and think that the rating limitation is a bit unlucky to say the least. It is straight forward discouraging for all and any lower rated ZH players no matter how enthusiastic about ZH they are. And loving the game is what it (the league) should be all about IMHO. Or not?

There's still time to before the league starts and I would love it if you could reconsider and cancel the rating limitation. Or maybe to set it lower - something like 1500? I would be in favour of that.
@orim15 said in #17:

> And...

As Croc said in #15, "If there [are those who] will be willing to help with the organization, we can consider lowering the level or even canceling it."

Speaking for myself, I might add that these events work best when there isn't too great a difference between people on the same board. Sometimes it's inevitable, or at least a choice between that and the match being ruled a draw, but I don't think anyone wants that to happen to the extent that it decides a whole season. Anyway, everything depends on who makes themselves available.
@the_Crocodile_Hunter said in #15:
> @pkr5025 and @QueenRosieMary - Actually at the moment we have only two people to organize this event and I'm just not sure that I will be able to organize properly if there will be a lot of participants. Experience shows that even players with relatively high ratings are not always responsible for the matches, but nevertheless, the higher the rating, the higher the correlation. Not that I am against the participation of players below 1700 (I myself started with levels below that) the question is only what I described above. If there will be willing to help with the organization, we can consider lowering the level or even canceling it.
> As for, the board time control was reduced at the request of participants in the previous league. Even that time is too slow for some people. But again we can decide this issue before the start of the season, and if the majority wants to play longer controls - so be it. Besides, it's hard not to listen to the opinion of a league regular.

I can help with organising if you want.

Join the Lichess Crazyhouse team, to post in this forum