lichess.org
Donate

Anyone knows how to be 2300+?

The secret is to really badly want to improve. With that being said, the most important thing is to make an opening repertoire file. As long as you understand that black has two possible plans (infiltrate the back-rank or put white in zugzwang) and that white's aim is to simultaneously stop both of those, you should be able to understand the purpose behind every move. The reason why infiltration is one idea for black is because the white pawns can not move backwards. Thereby, they can not capture backwards. The reason why zugzwang is another idea for black is because the white pawns can only move forwards. Thereby, they can never pass a turn. As far as openings go, just explore the opening databases and make a repertoire study. It is a good idea to link full games as opposed to standalone opening moves. Finally, you should review your own games with the engine (but I would not check the openings with the engine, rather check the openings from your repertoire file and the databases; gradually, develop your repertoire file overtime). You can also play out winning endgames against stockfish for good practice. Stockfish does not understand horde strategy very well, but it excels at concrete endgame-type positions. In horde, opening ideas are a manifestation of human thought not so much stockfish which can actually be bad at openings. Finally, have a huge desire to want to improve!

In short:
1. Understand what black's plans are (infiltration, zugzwang), what white's plans are (basically only one plan, which is prophylaxis or to simultaneously prevent black's plans), and why those are the plans in the first place
2. Make an opening repertoire file, linked with complete model games. It is a good idea to memorize opening theory. If you followed step #1, you will understand the purpose behind just about every move in the theory.
3. Review your games; check for openings (via the repertoire file or the databases/games. sometimes engine, but only if you have to), and check for blunders with the engine (always question the engine's judgement if its within the first half of the game. Stockfish excels only at concrete endgames).
4. Have a huge desire to want to improve.

Even shorter put:
1. Understanding the basic plans/goals for each color
2. Repertoire file with reference games
3. Reviewing your own games with external tools (repertoire file, database/games, stockfish)
4. Huge desire for improvement

Lastly, I have some brief notes to make. First off, Stubenfisch accredits his hundreds of sparring games with svenos, as his main source of improvement; svenos is considered one of the greatest horde players of all time. Secondly, you can find opportunities to play decent players by participating in all the horde arenas, especially shield arenas. Sometimes, you can even find strong players in daily arenas. Finally, openings are the most important topic in horde, unlike regular chess where (according to Capablanca) openings, middlegames, and endgames are close together in level/priority of importance.
I forgot to say, there are a couple lichess horde studies which are very useful for mastering step #1 of understanding the basic plans/goals for each other.

sinamon's horde primer lichess.org/study/UUk0IJZg it is pretty good

horde opening basics lichess.org/study/i4n5teAx outdated, but good for enriching your understanding

svenos' repertoire lichess.org/study/yXTpOSfM which is very good for getting the feel of how top horde players think

benoni2018's tactical motifs lichess.org/study/iVi0rvWQ some of the chapters are good examples which tie into the basic planning concepts for each color. For example there are some puzzles where white's job is to prevent black from the infiltration.

Studies composed by ravif lichess.org/study/53QZ2I02 very good for increasing your passion for the game

There are other good studies, though I do not care much for them these days. They no longer provide any value to me, and tend to be outdated or have analytical flaws. With that being said, I cannot remember them off the top of my head anyways.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.